01. Business Strategy
It is how the company is perceived, it’s objective for scaling and making money. Competitive advantage such as cost leadership and differentiation are methods for organisations and products to increase success. Differentiation is where designers can make an impact.
02. Value Innovation
Changes implemented through value innovation create new or improved elements for the product or service but also result in cost savings by eliminating or reducing unnecessary aspects during the product lifecycle.
Sustaining innovation occurs differently from disruptive innovation and is about finding an opportunity to do smaller changes.
03. Validate User Research
Drawing from experience, when dealing with senior management with outlandish product/feature recommendations, validating user research is key to focusing on the right problems and decision making. A useful way to do this is to bring the various stakeholders to user research and testing sessions. This way everyone involved can see for themselves how a product/feature performs in front of real users.
04. Killer UX Design
Is accomplished when the product interface allows its users to easily accomplish their goals with little resistance. A frictionless experience is accomplished by:
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and teammates at the idea’s inception
- Help determine the key features that are critical to your product
- Learn everything about the existing market space to identify UX opportunities that can be exploited
- Talk directly to potential and existing power users to discover and validate the products primary utility
- Weaving the UX through all touch points — online and offline — enabling an experience that is frictionless