To create an app which would delight the user and showcase all the services that GPSSA provide, in a timely and efficient manner.
The app should:
- A delightful customer with efficient, hassle-free and simple experience offered by mobile apps
- Making a natural and intuitive tool for pensioners in Dubai
- Make the mobile application simple and easy to use –internationally benchmarked mobile strategy
- Align the final product with Smart City concept as well as other Government & international Guidelines
- Create ‘WOW’ with end to end and intuitive service integration to make the experience seamless and delight the users
We worked side by side with the authority’s team over the course of two months to ensure both sides understand the users we’re creating the app for. A few weeks of user research revealed a lot. Every time we get into the room with someone, they confirm or debunk assumptions we have already made.
We’ve set up an open-ended questionnaire and posed probing questions to representatives of various demographics.
Having a pension and what a user needs from it can differ from user to user. To reflect this reality we had to interview users from very different profiles. We discussed the joys and pains of the type of information needed at different levels within the demographic, to address this we created 3 different persona profiles: New pensioners, experienced pensioners and soon to be pensioners, all of them had different stories to tell, and different ideas to suggest.
Insights & Wireframes
Extracting the main insights from our user testing sessions, then run brainstorming workshops to deliver features that would address these issues. We sorted these ideas through technical feasibility and value for users. Some of them could be implemented, some would be saved for later.
To understand better the limitations of current experiences, we got users testing existing apps, and using cognitive walkthrough sessions, task completion measurement and eye-tracking hardware. Similarly, we tested the key screens of our prototypes in order to be able to refine them over time.